Android Data Access
All apps utilize data. The data may be on the app user's mobile device, on another mobile device, or on servers someplace else in the world.
Sharing data between apps is triggered with the use of intents. These are simple messaging objects that are sent to request another app for action. On the other end, BroadcastReceiver receives these intents for implementation.
Common data access uses are:
- Contacts (address book) for people the app user would like to keep in touch with. It can take other forms such as a guild roster or friend list in a game.
- Photos and videos on device can be used to enhance social networking or simply for adding a profile picture to an app.
- Calendar is useful for highlighting specific dates for actions to be done.
- Reminders/Alerts enhance app user experience by keeping them abreast of what they need to do.
All of these require the sharing of data between applications within a mobile device or across the Internet with another mobile device.
To provide a clear environment for a user's interaction within an app, Onix uses a variety of technology tools with interfaces for data processing. For example, activities like data search within the telephone, processing external archives of photos, Geolocation coordinates or accessing aggregated contacts, calendar and reminders.
Click on any of the skills on this page to read more about them.
- Maps and GeolocationGoogle Maps, Google Places, Geocoding/Geoencoding, OSM and GPS Location
- Social ConversationsText Messages/Phone/Mail, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Google+ (YouTube), Path, Vine, WhatsApp, WeChat, and Tumblr
- Native TechnologiesAndroid NDK C/C++, Android Media Codec, Android Lolipop Camera, Wi-Fi 3G connection, View and custom viewgroup layout, internationalization and localization, local data storage, Action Bar, NFC, Bluetooth, GMC Push Notification, Multi Fragments application, account management, Widget, Live Wallpapers, Lock screen, Custom keyboard, OpenGL ES 1.1/2.0, Data providers, Renderscript, Speech API, Telephony API, Multi-Touch gestures and Multithreading
- Game/Render EnginesAndEngine, Unity 3D, Rajvali and LibGDX
- AdvertisingMoPub, Nexage, Millenial, InMobi, RefMob, LeadBolt, AdInch, Airpush, InnerActive, InMobi, Google AdMob
- Android Data AccessSharing data between apps with intents and receiver, Contacts (address book), Photos and Videos on device, Calendar and Reminders/Alerts
- NetworkingP2P, Sockets, RSS and Networking Frameworks (Android Http client, Turboimage, Android query, Android Async client, Volley, DataDroid, GreenDroid, Parse SDK, Cisco ipSec VPN)
- Android NDKlibJpeg, libPng, ffmpeg, 3d math matrix, Pthread, VLC and Android ADT
- External HardwareNFC, Arduino, Bluetooth, USB Host, Action camera, Drones and Wi-Fi
- In-App PurchasesAndroid Google API payments, PayPal, LiqPay, Yandex payments, Open IAB and Amazon payments
- VideoMedia Player Framework, Ffpmeg Player Framework, GoPro, video filtering, video encoding/decoding and Video streaming (RTMP, RTSP, HLS)
- AnalyticsFlurry, Amplitude, Kahuna, Google Analytics and Crashlytics
- AudioMediaPlayer, OpenSL, MediaTrack, Audio generation, Audio Filtering and SoundPool
- GraphicsAndroid Canvas, Matrix, GPU Render, GL Surface and OpenCV
- DistributingCrashlytics Beta, Android Market Alpha/Beta