Video content has become a very important part of Android apps today. It is used in a variety of ways such as providing tutorials, facilitating communication, enhancing a game's attraction and more.
- Media Player Framework provides the developer with support for frequently used media types. This allows the integration of video, images and sound into the app being developed.
- FFmpeg Player Framework is basically an open source library that can be used to decode, encode, stream, filter and play video and other type of media.
- GoPro is an HD action camera. Its increasing popularity has spurred many to integrate its use into various Android apps for video streaming or video recording on the go.
- Video filtering is used to customize video in an app. Two popular open source libraries to aid in this are FFmpeg and OpenCV.
- Video encoding/decoding is the process of compressing video (encoding) for easier transmission over the internet and decoding that compressed video to play on an app. Some popular tools are MediaCodec, FFmpeg and OpenMAX.
- Video streaming is the transmission and display of video in real time. Different formats are used (e.g., RTMP for Adobe Flash Player, RTSP for creating streaming sessions, and HLS for live HTTP streaming).
Since work with videos is not limited to viewing on a video player, Onix makes sure all video content can be viewed from numerous sources, including 4k videos with the high bit-rate. We make video processing possible through the use of apparatus methods and Android framework which provide interfaces for video coding and decoding. Our developers use FFMpeg library. Video effect layers in real time are implemented via shaders and direct processing of the pixel array.
Click on any of the skills on this page to read more about them.
- Maps and GeolocationGoogle Maps, Google Places, Geocoding/Geoencoding, OSM and GPS Location
- Social ConversationsText Messages/Phone/Mail, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Google+ (YouTube), Path, Vine, WhatsApp, WeChat, and Tumblr
- Native TechnologiesAndroid NDK C/C++, Android Media Codec, Android Lolipop Camera, Wi-Fi 3G connection, View and custom viewgroup layout, internationalization and localization, local data storage, Action Bar, NFC, Bluetooth, GMC Push Notification, Multi Fragments application, account management, Widget, Live Wallpapers, Lock screen, Custom keyboard, OpenGL ES 1.1/2.0, Data providers, Renderscript, Speech API, Telephony API, Multi-Touch gestures and Multithreading
- Game/Render EnginesAndEngine, Unity 3D, Rajvali and LibGDX
- AdvertisingMoPub, Nexage, Millenial, InMobi, RefMob, LeadBolt, AdInch, Airpush, InnerActive, InMobi, Google AdMob
- Android Data AccessSharing data between apps with intents and receiver, Contacts (address book), Photos and Videos on device, Calendar and Reminders/Alerts
- NetworkingP2P, Sockets, RSS and Networking Frameworks (Android Http client, Turboimage, Android query, Android Async client, Volley, DataDroid, GreenDroid, Parse SDK, Cisco ipSec VPN)
- Android NDKlibJpeg, libPng, ffmpeg, 3d math matrix, Pthread, VLC and Android ADT
- External HardwareNFC, Arduino, Bluetooth, USB Host, Action camera, Drones and Wi-Fi
- In-App PurchasesAndroid Google API payments, PayPal, LiqPay, Yandex payments, Open IAB and Amazon payments
- VideoMedia Player Framework, Ffpmeg Player Framework, GoPro, video filtering, video encoding/decoding and Video streaming (RTMP, RTSP, HLS)
- AnalyticsFlurry, Amplitude, Kahuna, Google Analytics and Crashlytics
- AudioMediaPlayer, OpenSL, MediaTrack, Audio generation, Audio Filtering and SoundPool
- GraphicsAndroid Canvas, Matrix, GPU Render, GL Surface and OpenCV
- DistributingCrashlytics Beta, Android Market Alpha/Beta