Advantages of web development with Ruby on Rails
Ruby on Rails is an open source multilevel web development framework that first reached the public in 2006. This high-level technology ensures faster time frames for development, flexible and advanced development process and better site performance. Rails also helps make website development and its maintenance more cost-effective compared to other popular web development technologies.
Since its public release, RoR has turned into a favored development tool that many well-known e-commerce, service and platform brands have already utilized to build their websites (Shopify, Dribble, GitHub, Hulu and Groupon) and have ignited interest among existing businesses and start-ups.
What value RoR brings to web development
Ruby on Rails does not belong to cheap development technologies, but provides considerable benefits that allow speedy development with less code written and errors made.
- Faster development time lapse.
RoR minimizes time on website development in about 30-40% due to lean code base (less lines), modular design (components within the framework can be used again, so there is no need to create new ones every time) and a wide range of ready-to-use plugin solutions for feature development.
- Easy code maintenance and update.
Ruby on Rails makes it easy to modify the existing code or add new features to the site. This framework is most effective for long-term projects due to its stability and predictability, so substitution of a team member will never be a problem.
Since the whole development process and code updates are performed faster, business owners tend to spend less money on the development of their website and its upgrade and always receive an expected level of quality.
- Suitable for all business industries.
As a programming language, RoR is flexible, so it can be easily attuned to any field of business, whether it is project management or a site building platform.
What types of websites fit Ruby on Rails best
RoR works best for long-lasting and dynamic website projects. If a website has frequent changes in requirements and rich functionality and modifications in a project, programming in RoR becomes a good consideration.
Here’s the list of website categories that benefit from the use of Ruby on Rails.
- E-commerce sites. RoR is a convenient modular programming framework, ensuring user-friendliness in building features. It provides a range of supporting tools that accurately meets standard business requirements. These may include such features as numerous uploads and updates (e.g., product images and descriptions), price algorithms, imagery processing (e.g., changing sizes and cropping).
- Content sites. If a website focuses on creating large volumes of reading material or the addition of audio or video files, RoR ensures fast and easy uploading procedures that make the navigation easier for users and website managers.
- Social networking sites. RoR offers plugins that are focused on resolving problems that relate to social media networking and membership websites.
- Database solutions. RoR is a timely and cost effective way for a website construction as an innovative database model and customized technology solution.
Stay tuned with the latest technology trends and projects.
Subscribe to Onix blog to receive interesting content right in your inbox.