A lot of iOS apps today can be linked to external hardware such as GoPro cameras, Apple watches, certain home appliances and more. This is just the beginning. It is expected this aspect of iOS development will continue to grow exponentially. Here are some popular tools for developing an app in this direction.
- iBeacon for using Apple's low energy wireless technology.
- Printing for linking the app to a compatible printer.
- Bluetooth for linking with Bluetooth capable devices.
- HomeKit for connecting home appliances with the iOS app especially for home automation.
- Wi-Fi for high speed wireless networking.
- WatchKit similar to the HomeKit but specifically for Apple Watch products.
Onix is experienced in developing apps that support indoor navigation, such as iBeacon. This technology tool helps create modern marketing solutions, where a user is notified about store services or special offers through a message on their smartphone when walking by or through the store.
Click on any of the skills on this page to read more about them.
- Native TechnologiesObjective-C, Swift, UIKit, Internationalization and Localization, Auto Layout, Storyboard, Multi-Touch gestures and Multithreading
- Social ConversationsTextMessages/iMessages/Phone/Mail, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Google+, Yahoo ID, Tumblr and Foursquare/Swarm
- In-App PurchasePayPal, Uber, authorize.net, StoreKit Framework and MKStoreKit
- DistributingCrashlytics Beta, HockeyApp, TestFlight and BetaBuilder
- Media PlayerMedia Accessibility Framework, Accelerate Framework, Assets Library, Image I/O, Photos Framework and Text Kit and Core Text
- Maps and GeolocationApple Maps, Google Maps, Google Places, Geocoding, Mapbox, Core Location, eeGeo - 3D mapping and Foursquare Venues
- NetworkingP2P, Sockets, APNS - Push Notifications, StoreKit, RSS and Networking Frameworks (AFNetworking, RestKit, Alamofire, ADWebImage, Parse SDK)
- External HardwareiBeacon, Printing, Bluetooth, HomeKit, Wi-Fi and WatchKit
- AdvertisingiAd, MoPub, Nexage, Millenial, InMobi and GoogleAdMob
- DataCoreData, SQLite, Parse SDK, MAgical Record, User Defaults, XML, Plist, HTML5 Client-Slide Storage in Safari, Keychain and Key Archiving
- iOS Data AccessSharing data between apps, Contacts (address book), Photos and Videos on device, Calendar, Stocks and Reminders/Alerts
- VideoMedia Player Framewok, UIIMage Picker Controller, Media Player, Core Media, AV Foundation, GoPro and Video streaming (RTMP, RTSP, HLS, AirPlay)
- AudioOpenAL, AV Foundation, Core Audio, Media Player Framework and StreamingKit
- AnalyticsFlurry, Google Mobile Analytics and Crashlytics
- GraphicsUIKit graphics, Core Graphics, Core Image, Quartz, Core Animation, OpenGL ES, GLKit, SpriteKit, GPUImage and OpenCV