With improvements in sound technology, the average Android app user has become more discriminating with audio quality. Here are some popular tools that can help developers provide what their app users seek.
- MediaPlayer is used to control the playback of video and audio streaming and media files on a mobile device.
- OpenSL is an open source sound library for 2D and 3D sound. It aids with utilizing MIDI playback and position audio for 3D sound.
- Media Track, particularly AudioTrack, can be used to manage or play an audio resource.
- Audio generation tools are used to include different tones in an app such as alert tones. Some examples are ToneGenerator for tones and Eclipse (plus Android SDK) for audio synths.
- Audio filtering tools, such as AudioRecord, help developers manage the timbre and harmonic content of their app's audio. It may be simply to improve the quality of the sound or to add equalizers, synthesizers or various sound effects to the app.
- SoundPool is a library of sound samples that can be used as part of the app.
Starting the 4th edition of Android, the processing latency has significantly decreased. This change now allows the implementation of a class of programs that create and process audio. To achieve the best results, Onix applies audio processing algorithms for the native code based on C/C++ or ports ready-to-use solutions through OpenSL and OpenAL audio interfaces.
Click on any of the skills on this page to read more about them.
- Maps and GeolocationGoogle Maps, Google Places, Geocoding/Geoencoding, OSM and GPS Location
- Social ConversationsText Messages/Phone/Mail, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Google+ (YouTube), Path, Vine, WhatsApp, WeChat, and Tumblr
- Native TechnologiesAndroid NDK C/C++, Android Media Codec, Android Lolipop Camera, Wi-Fi 3G connection, View and custom viewgroup layout, internationalization and localization, local data storage, Action Bar, NFC, Bluetooth, GMC Push Notification, Multi Fragments application, account management, Widget, Live Wallpapers, Lock screen, Custom keyboard, OpenGL ES 1.1/2.0, Data providers, Renderscript, Speech API, Telephony API, Multi-Touch gestures and Multithreading
- Game/Render EnginesAndEngine, Unity 3D, Rajvali and LibGDX
- AdvertisingMoPub, Nexage, Millenial, InMobi, RefMob, LeadBolt, AdInch, Airpush, InnerActive, InMobi, Google AdMob
- Android Data AccessSharing data between apps with intents and receiver, Contacts (address book), Photos and Videos on device, Calendar and Reminders/Alerts
- NetworkingP2P, Sockets, RSS and Networking Frameworks (Android Http client, Turboimage, Android query, Android Async client, Volley, DataDroid, GreenDroid, Parse SDK, Cisco ipSec VPN)
- Android NDKlibJpeg, libPng, ffmpeg, 3d math matrix, Pthread, VLC and Android ADT
- External HardwareNFC, Arduino, Bluetooth, USB Host, Action camera, Drones and Wi-Fi
- In-App PurchasesAndroid Google API payments, PayPal, LiqPay, Yandex payments, Open IAB and Amazon payments
- VideoMedia Player Framework, Ffpmeg Player Framework, GoPro, video filtering, video encoding/decoding and Video streaming (RTMP, RTSP, HLS)
- AnalyticsFlurry, Amplitude, Kahuna, Google Analytics and Crashlytics
- AudioMediaPlayer, OpenSL, MediaTrack, Audio generation, Audio Filtering and SoundPool
- GraphicsAndroid Canvas, Matrix, GPU Render, GL Surface and OpenCV
- DistributingCrashlytics Beta, Android Market Alpha/Beta