Apps that use video typically have higher potential to attract users than those that do not. Here are some useful tools for managing video in iOS:
- Media Player is a program for playing various multimedia files.
- Media Player Framework is a facility used to play videos and music.
- UIImagePickerController provides a customizable interface for taking pictures and making movies.
- Core Media allows the creation and delivery of digital video content through any digital channel.
- AV Foundation is a framework when playing or creating time-based video and audio.
- GoPro is a popular camera than can feed video to compatible iOS devices.
- Video streaming compresses video content for broadcast over the internet. Four protocols are commonly used:
- RTMP for Adobe Flash Player, popular because of YouTube.
- RTSP for creating a streaming session between servers and clients.
- HLS for HTTP live streaming.
- AirPlay for wireless streaming.
To implement video technologies in apps, Onix relies on video frameworks and tools that allow users a variety of actions with audiovisual content and ensure easy editing, capturing and streaming. Through AV Foundation we ensure that app users can easily create, examine and reencode ther video data and through Core Media apps support high-quality graphics, working seamlessly and providing excellent visual experience.
Click on any of the skills on this page to read more about them.
- Native TechnologiesObjective-C, Swift, UIKit, Internationalization and Localization, Auto Layout, Storyboard, Multi-Touch gestures and Multithreading
- Social ConversationsTextMessages/iMessages/Phone/Mail, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Google+, Yahoo ID, Tumblr and Foursquare/Swarm
- In-App PurchasePayPal, Uber, authorize.net, StoreKit Framework and MKStoreKit
- DistributingCrashlytics Beta, HockeyApp, TestFlight and BetaBuilder
- Media PlayerMedia Accessibility Framework, Accelerate Framework, Assets Library, Image I/O, Photos Framework and Text Kit and Core Text
- Maps and GeolocationApple Maps, Google Maps, Google Places, Geocoding, Mapbox, Core Location, eeGeo - 3D mapping and Foursquare Venues
- NetworkingP2P, Sockets, APNS - Push Notifications, StoreKit, RSS and Networking Frameworks (AFNetworking, RestKit, Alamofire, ADWebImage, Parse SDK)
- External HardwareiBeacon, Printing, Bluetooth, HomeKit, Wi-Fi and WatchKit
- AdvertisingiAd, MoPub, Nexage, Millenial, InMobi and GoogleAdMob
- DataCoreData, SQLite, Parse SDK, MAgical Record, User Defaults, XML, Plist, HTML5 Client-Slide Storage in Safari, Keychain and Key Archiving
- iOS Data AccessSharing data between apps, Contacts (address book), Photos and Videos on device, Calendar, Stocks and Reminders/Alerts
- VideoMedia Player Framewok, UIIMage Picker Controller, Media Player, Core Media, AV Foundation, GoPro and Video streaming (RTMP, RTSP, HLS, AirPlay)
- AudioOpenAL, AV Foundation, Core Audio, Media Player Framework and StreamingKit
- AnalyticsFlurry, Google Mobile Analytics and Crashlytics
- GraphicsUIKit graphics, Core Graphics, Core Image, Quartz, Core Animation, OpenGL ES, GLKit, SpriteKit, GPUImage and OpenCV